Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Redken Extreme (Shampoo & Conditioner)


So a little over year ago I got my hair chemically straightened and while I was great it left my hair very damaged. I started to notice this when my hair began to grow out becuase the place where natural hair meets the straightened hair is extremely weak. My hair would break with everything!
I figured I needed some high quality products to give my hair back its strength. I bought the Redken extreme shampoo and conditioner. These are imported products in my country so it was very expensive. I had very high hopes for this but I was kind of dissapointed.

First impressions:
The smell of both of these products is amazing. It smells like caramel apples, I'm in love with the scent!
The shampoo foams ALOT, so a little goes a long way. This is product that will probaly last you a while, at least it has for me. The bottle size for this is 300ml.

The conditioner is not very thick, in fact its a bit runny. I didn't really like this because I feel my hair need something thicker and more intense. Despite what I first thought it did leave my hair quite soft. The bottle size is 250ml, it's smaller then the shampoo. This really doesn't make sense to me because you need alot more conditioner than shampoo.

As far as its strenghtening effect I did notice that right after using these products while I was in shower I felt my hair a bit more resistant than usual. But after it was dryed and styled it felt just as usual.

The first couple of weeks I really didn't notice my hair improving at all but I thought I just needed to give it a bit more time.

Results:
It's been about 5 months since I got this and I am sad to say it just didn't work for me. My hair remained weak and brittle. I also noticed this was drying out my hair. Not nice.
I'm really disappointed with this, especially since I spent alot of money on it. This product claims to "restore strenght" but I didn't do that for my hair.

Has anyone else tried this out? What were your results?

XOXO <3
Vanilla Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...