Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spotlight on: Almond oil



I consider almond oil as one of my great beauty secrets! The best part about it is its many uses. Almond oil definitely deserves this spotlight!

Lets start of with using this oil in your hair. There are many different ways to apply almond oil into your hair depending on the effect you are looking for.
You could use it for an extremly hidrating hot oil treatment.

Hot (almond) oil treatment:
Warm up 1/2 cup of almond and massage it into your scalp. Make sure your hair is damp. Wrap your head in a warm towel or a shower cap. Leave on for 20 minutes and then shampoo and rinse out.
To make this even more hidrating try adding 1/4 cup of olive oil to the mix.

Results: You get unbelieveably silky, soft hair. It's amazing!

You could also use this on the ends of your hair. I use to do this to conceal my split ends before I cut them of. It's great because it makes your ends soooo soft its like you don't even have damaged ends.

Another great way I use almond oil in my hair is adding it as a bonus to any hair mask I use. Whether it's an avocado or a yogurt hair mask I always add about a tablespoon of the oil to it to make it even better!

Almond oil on the skin:
Do you want soft, Incredible looking legs? You need to use almond oil!
I sometimes use it alone or over body lotion, or even mixing half almond oil and half body lotion.
You will get the softest legs ever! And like if that wasn't enough they get this radant shine that I have never gotten using any body lotion.

Almond oil as an eye makeup remover:
This is my ultimate favorite way to remove my eye makeup....even water proof mascara!
All I do is dab a bit of the oil on a cotton ball and just swipe away all the makeup.

So almond oil is pretty amazing! I love it and it is totally one of my can't live without products!
If you have never used it you need to get some and try it out whether it's on your hair or skin. And if you have tried it I would love to know what you think of it!

XOXO <3
Vanilla Pop!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...