Sunday, September 11, 2011

Zapping Zits!

4 easy ways to zap a zit:

Aspirin- dissolve a couple of aspirin in a teaspoon of water and apply the paste directly to the zit. Aspirin is anti-inflammatory so it will bring down swelling.

On-the-spot treatments- To dry up a zit try using a product with 2.5 benzyl peroxide or 0.5 salicylic acid. Don’t use anything stronger than 2.5 percent or you may dry up the skin which will cause you lots of other problems. They key is to not go crazy with the product; just dab a small amount on the problem area.

Ice- since ice can be irritating cover a few cubes with a washcloth and hold it against your zit for around 10 minutes.

Eye drops- eye drops are made to reduce the redness in your eyes, but they will actually do the same for a pimple. Just a couple of drops should do the trick. I like to use Visine.

Here are a couple of tips to prevent zits showing up on your face in the first place!

Keep your skin moisturized- I know it may seem logical to want to suck out every bit of oil from your skin with drying products and completely forgo the idea of using moisturizer but this is really not a good idea. When your skin is too dry the androgen hormone kicks into overdrive and starts to produce tons of sebum to compensate fro the dryness of your skin. This will most likely lead to clogged pores when most likely will lead to dreaded zits :s. so to avoid this make sure you always use an oil-free moisturizer even if you have oily skin.

Exfoliate- exfoliating removes dead skin cells from your skin which could possibly clog your pores if they are not scrubbed away.

Stop stressing- stress causes your hormones to go crazy which could also lead to a couple zits popping up. So be sure to take deep breaths, relax, and take some quiet time for you.

Acne-fighting face mask- once a week you should treat your skin to a mask that will help to fight clogged pores and breakouts. Clay masks are good because they suck up the excess oil from your skin and unplug clogged pores.

I hope this post was helpful for you!

XOXO,






Image from here

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for those tips, I really needed them because due to strees, my face looks like a cob!! :( And the worst, I have a date with someone who like me a lot and I feel very depressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some really awesome tips!!! I love this post... I will have to try these things on my next pimple adventure!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I need to bookmark this for next tim I break out.


    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you guys found this helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...