Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Proactiv refining mask review!



The proactive refining mask is a great Little product. Having used the entire proactive system twice it’s actually the only product I would recommend. This is because it’s the only product that has delivered long lasting results for me. Now I’m not saying slathering this over your face is going to cure acne forever, but it is a great product to use as a spot treatment to zap zits and keep them from coming back. I prefer to use this at night, I put a moderate amount on any spots I have and wait until morning. What this mask is going to do is completely dry out the zit. I have been lucky enough sometimes to have the spots be completely gone by the next morning! Some however require continuous use during a couple of days to totally dry up the spot. One of the things I love about this mask is the ingredients in it. Some of the most common acne fighting ingredients don’t really do much for me, one of those is benzyl peroxide which just doesn’t give me results. Sulfur and tea tree oil however are a whole other story, they work wonders to clear up my skin! The proactive refining mask includes them along with other amazing ingredients! It’s got vitamin E which is an antioxidant and will help to soothe your skin, lemon grass to condition it and omega-3 and 6 to retain moisture in the skin ( very important is you want to avoid zits!). The sulfur I mentioned before is in a concentration of 6% (this is what is actually drying the spot) and the tea tree oil is a great natural antibacterial. Though I mostly use this as a spot treatment I also sometimes use it a a full on face mask to get my oily skin controlled.

Bottom Line: If you are looking for something effective to clear up a couple of spots then you should really try this!

A post on more zit zapping ideas will be coming soon so stick around!

Have you used this mask before?

What is your favorite spot treatment?

XOXO Vanilla Pop <3

Bye!

4 comments:

  1. I disliked most of the proactiv line...but the refining mask is one of the better items that I've heard about. Sulfur is great for reducing redness. I think I'm allergic to tea tree oil however...:'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any of the Proactiv products. Maybe I"ll start with this mask!

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've experimented with dozens of different acne products - and the only ones that worked were the Citrus Clear Control Acne Kit. It's cheaper than Pro-active and less harsh on the skin. The Citrus Clear Moisturizer can sometimes flake a little.

    I would also recommend using Citrus Clear for at least two weeks in order to see results. I definitely noticed a difference if I forgot to use the cleanser before going to bed so make sure you use it twice a day!!
    I also love that you only need a tiny bit of each product to cover your whole face!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...